Countertop Templates and Details
Once you’ve selected your material, we’ll schedule a laser template! Be sure to coordinate teardown for existing counters before an install and keep in mind that no changes can be made to the job or cabinets after the template has been created. Below are some general tips and guidelines to help you prepare for next steps.
Your Template Appointment
Once you’ve selected your materials and edges, we’ll work with you to schedule a template date. We’ll send someone to take an accurate, laser-measured template of your countertops.
How to Prepare:
- Make sure a primary decision-maker is onsite during your appointment.
- Please schedule your appointment for a date AFTER your new cabinets are installed!
- Make sure to clear your current countertops and remove any clutter, debris, or nearby furniture that would hinder the measurement process.
- Give your project manager any access codes, parking instructions, or other information we might need to get to your home safely.
- Please keep all children and pets away from the areas being measured.
- If you have not already made initial payment arrangements, a 50% deposit will be due at this time.
- If you have a farmhouse sink, your cabinets must be modified and a cradle built to hold the sink. It will need to be in its final resting position BEFORE we create a template. After that, if the sink is moved, the counters will no longer fit properly. For all other sinks provided by you, we will need them on the job site by the date of the template to avoid a delay in your install.
What to Expect:
- A Bloomday employee will call you the day prior to your appointment to confirm.
- During your appointment, we’ll first make sure your cabinets are level. If there’s an issue with leveling, we’ll explain your options.
- We’ll also discuss additional options such as overhangs, islands, backsplashes, and bars. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to note them down ahead of time!
- Next, we’ll measure all areas using a laser template system for the most accurate results.
- We’ll wrap up with a quick project summary and go over any questions you may have.
Once your template is finished, we’ll process it using our CAD software. In some cases, you may be asked to review the CAD layout to give the final approval. No changes are permitted after this point since we begin fabrication. Then it’s time to schedule your installation date! In most instances, the process from template to installation takes approximately 1 ½ to 2 weeks. At certain times during the year, our schedule may be modified due to the number of projects we have underway. This may increase the time it takes us to complete a project. We will communicate your template and install date upfront so you can plan accordingly once the estimate is signed and you’re ready to move forward!